Monday, May 4, 2009

Birthday gone bad!







Poor Riley, today is his 5th birthday and at 2:30am this morning he started throwing up. Every hour on the hour I was cleaning him up. He wasn't able to go to school and pass out his birthday treats to his classmates, and he was barely able to eat his birthday cake and ice cream. He had asked for a chocolate cake with chocolate frosting. I made it for him last night but hadn't decorated it yet, which is good cause we had to slice his cake and put his candles on it so he wouldn't blow his little germs all over the whole cake. When I got home from work I tested him for strep and lo and behold he was positive. Dr. White called him in some antibiotics. What a way to spend his birthday. I would like to point out that Mckenzie did really enjoy Riley's birthday cake!

1 comment:

  1. Poor guy. I hope he feels better soon! Happy Birthday, Riley!

    ReplyDelete